History and objectives
It was founded in 1583. It was first recognized as a leading institution for its support and research in science, literature and art. It was Felipe III himself who confirmed the status of the University in 1599.
Governing Council composed by:
- 9 Vice-rectors.
- Head of Rectorate.
- Executive Secretary.
- General Secretary
- Erasmus-Mundus (action 4).
- Leonardo da Vinci.
- Jean Monnet.
- Collaboration with Universia, AEGEE-Association of General States of European Students, IAESTE, IFMSA, DIR-Europa, AISEC,ESN, EURYDICE-European Portal of Information about Education, PLOTEUS-Portal On Learning Opportunities Throughout the European Space, FEDE, INTERREG III, TEN-TELECOM.
1st term from September to January and 2nd term from February to June.
53 departments focused on different subjects related with Chemistry, Medicine Sciences, Engineering Sciences, History, Geography, Physics, Philology, Economic, Law, Business, Veterinarian and Music.
Graduate (5 years)
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Ancient Languages.
- Art History.
- Business Administration.
- Business Administration and Management.
- Chemical Engineering.
- English Language and Literature.
- Food Science and Technology.
- French Language and Literature.
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Physical Education and Sports.
- Spanish Language and literature.
- Telecommunications Engineering.
- Veterinary Science.
Master’s Degree (3 years)
- Child Education.
- Foreign Languages.
- Hearing and Language.
- Music Education.
- Physical Education.
- Primary Education.
- Special Education.
Diploma (2-3 years)
- Labour Relations.
- Labour Studies.
- Library Sciences and Documentation.
- Management and Public Administration.
- Occupational Therapy.
- Social Work.
Specialized Engineering Degree (3 years)
- Agricultural Engineering: Agricultural and Food Industries.
- Agricultural Engineering: Horticulture, Fruticulture and Gardening.
- Computer Engineering for Business Management.
- Industrial Design Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering: Chemistry.
- Industrial Engineering: Electricity.
- Industrial Engineering: Mechanics.
- Software Engineering.
- Telecommunications Engineering: Electronic Systems.