Image courtesy of the University of Zaragoza.
Zaragoza University, in collaboration with Santander Universidades, publishes the 2021-2022 call of grants aimed at Ibero-American students wishing to pursue doctoral studies at this institution of higher education.
In this 20th edition, Zaragoza University (Unizar) will award 11 grants that include support for settling in, registration at the University, accommodation and living expenses. In order to apply for a grant, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Being a national of one of the countries of the Ibero-American Community of Nations (except Andorra, Spain and Portugal) y having not been awarded a grant in previous calls.
- Not holding the academic title of PhD, nor being in a position to apply for it.
- Meeting the requirements for access to doctoral studies established by current regulations.
- Having pre-admission to a doctoral program at the Zaragoza University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- For the Portuguese-speaking applicants, prove a C1 level or higher of knowledge of the Spanish language. A B2 level will also be accepted.
In addition to the general grants, this call has a modality of grants for excellence. University graduates who have recently completed their doctoral studies at a higher education institution in one of the countries that are part of the Ibero-American Community of Nations (except Andorra, Spain and Portugal), and who have an average grade of at least 8.5 points, may apply for this grant.
Submission of applications
Those interested in participating in this call of grants for doctoral studies for Ibero-Americans have until next 31 May 2021 to submit their applications. In the page of the call on the website of Zaragoza University they will find information in Spanish about the documentation to submit and the different ways of doing it.