Community for voluntary action of the Compostela Group of Universities (CGU)
The Compostela Group of Universities (CGU) launches the project ‘Community for voluntary action of the Compostela Group of Universities’ (CGU Volunteers) in order to train and raise awareness among young people in activities related to the Camino de Santiago in the educational, cultural and business fields.
This project is coordinated by the CGU and sponsored by the Regional Ministry of the Xunta de Galicia for Social Policy.
The volunteer actions take place between 23 and 30 September 2021 on the Camino Inglés in Galicia, throughout the region of Ferrol, Santiago de Compostela and neighbouring municipalities.
Students of the CGU and society in general between 18 and 30 years old with domicile in Galicia and registered in the Registry of Voluntary Action of Galicia are called to participate.
In this section, you will find all the information about this project.
The project Community for voluntary action of the Compostela Group of Universities (CGU Volunteers) is born within the Plan of voluntary actions of the Compostela Group of Universities.
With this volunteer project, the CGU seeks to establish a group of volunteers to meet needs of social interest related to the Camino de Santiago in the educational, cultural and business areas of the collaborating entities of the network.
Thus, it is intended to contribute to university cooperation in the field of volunteer action, offering experiential opportunities and social awareness of the importance of volunteer actions.
- Undergraduate and graduate students from the CGU community.
- People belonging to groups at risk of social exclusion.
- People from CGU universities that have a recognized link with the Universities of the Galician University System.
Dates and places of implementation
The volunteer activities take place from 23 to 30 September 2021 in the regions of Santiago de Compostela and Ferrol and the neighbouring municipalities through which the Camino Inglés passes in Galicia.
Scenarios for voluntary actions
The scenarios to develop the voluntary actions are the following:
- Inaugural events and presentation of CGU projects.
- Training sessions on volunteering and CGU activities.
- Artistic workshops and cultural activities.
- Academic and training meetings.
- Talks, debates and mentoring sessions on the Camino de Santiago.
- Academic conferences, interventions and lectures on higher education and the tangible and intangible heritage of Galicia.
Scenarios for voluntary actions
Voluntary actions include the accompaniment and dynamization of the academic and cultural activities of the CGU, among them:
- Reception of participants at registration and control desks.
- Local information point for foreign participants.
- Logistical and organizational support.
- Support to academic and cultural guides.
- Support to photographers of the events.
- Social interaction with participants and local society.
- Transfer of experiences and knowledge with participants and local society.
Terms of participation
Scholarships for participation are awarded to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, civil liability and accident insurance, and certificates of participation and recognition of volunteer experiences.
For the 2021 call for applications, four positions are available.
Requirements to participate
To be eligible for the scholarship of participation, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- To be between 18 and 30 years old.
- To be domiciled in Galicia.
- To be registered in the Registry of Voluntary Action of Galicia.
- To have a basic knowledge of the Galician language.
How to apply for a scholarship of participation
The period for submission of applications opens on 8 September 2021 and closes on 19 September 2021.
Candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a short motivation letter to email@example.com.
Inquiries related to this project should be directed to the “project technician”: firstname.lastname@example.org.