Research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities
The university network, through the research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities (GCU), aims to give visibility to the research carried out by member universities and promote the dissemination of their results. In this way, it contributes to the policies developed by the member universities to promote the dissemination of their research activity, by promoting:
- The dissemination of research among partner universities and society in general.
- The emergence of funding opportunities.
- Contact with other research groups that carry out similar research.
- Attracting doctoral students interested in these lines of research.
Researchers from CGU member universities have the opportunity to participate each year in this permanent activity. To do so, they must present a pitch, that is, an audiovisual presentation in which they briefly introduce the key aspects of their research. The Compostela Group of Universities will recognise those pitches that best adapt their message to the general public, transmit the relevance of their research and their contribution to society. The three winners will receive prizes of 1,000 euros, 600 euros and 300 euros. In addition, they will be awarded a recognition diploma and their research will be disseminated through CGU profiles on the main digital platforms.
Find here more information about the III Research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities.
Do you want to participate?
We recommend you to read the documents and visit the links below.
Documents of the III Research pitches contest
- Guidelines III Research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities (PDF)
- Letter of support (Word)
- Application form research pitches. This form must be compulsorily filled in online and in English for the application to be accepted.
- CGU logo blue (EPS) (PNG) / CGU logo violet (EPS) (PNG)
- III Research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities Jury.
- Resolution III Research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities.
Deadlines III Research pitches contest
- November 2018: Launch of the call.
- 3 March 2019 (12:00 AM GMT): Deadline for submission of applications.
- April 2019: Jury deliberation and the announcement of the winners.
- June 2019: Official presentation of the winning pitches during the CGU’s annual General Assembly.
Do you need some inspiration?
Wacht the videos of the previous winners of the Research pitches contest of the Compostela Group of Universities.
Contacts to sign the letter of support
The delegate of the Compostela Group of Universities in each member university will sign the letter of support. Except at the University of Santiago de Compostela, where the person in charge of signing this letter will be the director of CIEDUS.
If you do not know who is the delegate of our network in your university, contact them or the Compostela Group of Universities for assistance.