University of the Basque Country
History and objectives
It was founded in 1968 and recognized under the present title in 1980. It is the only public university in the Basque Country Community, and also the only one with the widest range of educational offer, which almost reaches one hundred qualifications.
- Social Council.
- University Council.
- Governing Council.
- ANECA- Nacional Agency for Evaluation.
- Quality and Acreditation.
- CRUE. Conference of Spanish Universities’ Rectors.
- EAIE- European Association for International Education.
- ECTS Systems.
- ESIB- Association of European Students.
- EUA- Association of European Universities.
- UNESCO/ CEPES –European Centre for UNESCO Higher Studies.
- Member with CGU and Universia Network.
From October to June.
- 1st semester: October – December.
- 2nd semester: January – March.
- 3rd semester: April – June.
105 departments focusing on different subjects:
- Nautical Sciences and Technology.
- Educational Sciences and History.
- Administration and Business Management.
- Art History.
- Audio- visual Communications.
- Basque Language and Literature.
- Chemistry Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- Electronics Engineering.
- English Language and Literature.
- Environmental Sciences.
- Finance and Actuarial Science.
- Fine Arts.
- Food Science and Technology.
- French Language and Literature.
- German Language and Literature.
- Industrial Automation and Electronics Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Industrial Operations.
- Market Research and Marketing.
- Materials Engineering.
- Naval Machinery.
- Navigation and Maritime Transport.
- Physical Education and Sports.
- Political Science and Public Administration.
- Psycho- Pedagogy.
- Publicity and Public Relations.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Translation and Interpretation.
Specialized Graduate (3 years)
- Civil Engineering: Urban Transportation Services.
- Computer Science for Management.
- Industrial Electronics Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering: Industrial Chemistry.
- Industrial Engineering: Electricity.
- Industrial Engineering: Mechanics.
- Mining Engineering: Combustible and Explosive Energy Resources.
- Mining Engineering: Mineralogy and Metallurgy.
- Mining Engineering: Mining Development.
- Software Engineering.
- Telecommunications Engineering: Telematics.
- Telecommunications Engineering: Telecommunications Systems.