Technical University of Cartagena
History and Objectives
It was founded in 1883 as School of Mining and reorganized in 1972 as University School of Murcia. The Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena was established by Law 5/1998, of 3rd August, of the Regional Government of Murcia.
- Rectorate (Rector, General Secretary, Manager and seven Vice-Rectors).
- Governing Council.
- Social Council.
- Assembly Council.
- Administration Council.
First term from September to January and second term from February to June.
- Erasmus KA103 and KA107.
- KA2 – AGRIBASE.
- Grupo Santander.
- Vulcanus, F. Carolina, F. Rafael del Pino and F. La Caixa.
- Int. agreement (Europe and Turkey).
- member of CGU, Universia, EUA Network, Ibero-American Association, India, Singapor
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics.
- Applied Physic.
- Architecture and Technology of Building.
- Business Economy.
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering.
- Electric Engineering.
- Electronic Technology.
- Electronic, Technology of Computers and Projects.
- Engineering of Food and Agrarian Equipment.
- Engineering of Materials and Construction.
- Engineering of Systems and Automatics.
- Financial Economy and Accountancy.
- Graphic Expression.
- Juridical Sciences.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Mining Engineering, Geology and Cartography.
- Naval Technology.
- Quantitative and Informatics Methods.
- Science and Agrarian Technology.
- Structures and Construction.
- Technology of Informatics and Communication.
- Termics and Fluids Engineering.
- Vegetal Production.
- Agricultural Engineering (Agrofood).
- Business Administration and Management.
- Defence Systems Engineering.
- Industrial Automation and Electronics Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Industrial Operations Engineering.
- Telecommunications Engineering.
Specialized Degree (3 years)
- Agricultural Engineering: Agricultural and Food Industries.
- Agricultural Engineering: Horticulture, Fruticulture and Gardening.
- Civil Engineering: Hydrology.
- Industrial Engineering: Electricity.
- Industrial Engineering: Industrial Chemistry.
- Industrial Engineering: Industrial Electronics.
- Industrial Engineering: Mechanics.
- Marine Engineering: Marine Structures.
- Mining Engineering: Combustible and Explosive Energy Resources.
- Mining Engineering: Mineralogy and Metallurgy.
- Mining Engineering: Mining Development.
- Telecommunications Engineering: Telematics.
- Business Administration.