The Compostela Group of Universities (CGU) is a network of universities built around the values of the Camino de Santiago. It seeks to facilitate and to promote cooperation among universities and stakeholders involved in Higher Education.
The Compostela Group of Universities has identified the following mission:
- To promote and coordinate mobility actions which enable CGU’s community to face new challenges in a global and changeable working environment.
- To support and facilitate cooperation among member universities and other public and private stakeholders, aiming to contribute to the quality and innovation in Higher Education.
- To foster respect and dissemination of the European values in Higher Education.
- To promote and organise activities intended to protect and preserve the cultural heritage connected to the Camino de Santiago and to other routes of Culture and Knowledge.
- Inclusion and respect to diversity.
- Outward looking.
- Sustainable growth.
- Transparency and accountability.
Mobility and internationalisation. The Compostela Group of Universities fosters and organises mobility activities for administrative staff and students of its member universities, through STELLA for Staff and STELLA Junior programmes.
Likewise, the CGU supports and facilitates the organisation of international courses and seminars. Besides, the international network promotes and contributes to the dissemination of the courses and activities of its member universities.
Innovation.The CGU fosters Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) initiatives among its member universities. Furthermore, it promotes and rewards the use of new technologies, creativity and communication skills of the students of its member universities through the International Video Contest.
In addition, to facilitate communication between the members of its network, it provides tools such as the intranet and the social network Compostnet.
Cooperation in research and knowledge transfer. The Compostela Group of Universities seeks to stimulate and support cooperation among those member universities, which are partners in projects on research and dissemination of scientific knowledge.
- International Prize Grupo Compostela-Xunta de Galicia.In cooperation with the Xunta de Galicia, the CGU awards an annual prize to an individual or institution that has made a major contribution to European values in the educational, cultural or social fields.
- Academic cooperation.Through interaction and dialogue with the European Commission and other actors, the Compostela Group of Universities seeks to contribute to the excellence in Higher Education and the realization of the aims identified with Horizon 2020.
- Global cooperation.The CGU seeks to cooperate, by means of agreements and mutual collaborations, with international universities, university networks, and entities whose working field is linked to Higher Education.
- Participation in programmes and projects.The Compostela Group of Universities pursues to boost and support cooperation among its member universities by participating in projects related to Higher Education and co-financed by international and national, public and private, institutions and, especially, in those co-financed by the European Commission within the European Higher Education Area.
- Workshops and seminars.The CGU organises and collaborates with other university networks, associations and institutions in the development of workshops and seminars on topics of interest for Higher Education institutions.
- Cooperation with Public administrations, private sector and society. The Compostela Group of Universities promotes dialogue and cooperation among Higher Education institutions and Public Administrations, enterprises and civil society.