Multilingualism and Cross-Cultural Communication (MCCC)
Thematic Network on Multilingualism and Cross-Cultural Communication (MCCC) was approved by the Compostela Group of Universities at the XII General Assembly (Poznan, Poland) in September 2006.
This Working Group aims a wide multidisciplinary approach and will bring together experts from a wide variety of scientific sub-disciplines who share a common interest in the scientific study of multilingualism and cross-cultural communication and in the application of scientific results of research projects in this multidisciplinary field of interest.
• To invite researchers active within the CGU to express their interest in this thematic network on Multilingualism and Cross-Cultural Communication (MCCC).
• To set up research initiatives within the CGU bearing on the enhancement of cross-cultural understanding through the study of interlanguage communication.
• To set up research initiatives within CGU with the aim of producing a comprehensive and integrated model that aims to develop critical cultural awareness of both native and foreign cultures and intercultural competencies.
• To set up research initiatives within CGU concerning the role and impact of technological information and communication systems (WWW, Semantic Net) in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
• To organise international conferences on this theme on a regular basis.
• To set up an exchange program for researchers and students in MCCC.
• To set up Special Interest Groups on a variety of sub-themes.