The University of Leon, through the Talent Unileon programme, is presenting a call for 20 scholarships aimed at foreign students who will begin their graduate and postgraduate degrees at this Higher Education institution in the 2020-21 academic year.
The Talent Unileon programme, whose current call was made public on Monday, will award 20 scholarships to international students who begin their undergraduate and master’s degrees at the University of Leon next year. These scholarships cover the enrolment fee for the first year, as well as a grant of 1,800 euros to cover travel costs and health insurance, in the face-to-face modality
Students interested in applying must meet the following requirements:
- Having his/her residency outside Spain for the last 15 months.
- To be eligible for the scholarships for graduate studies, they must have obtained an average mark of at least 8 points on a 10-point scale in the studies for which they are admitted to the degree equivalent to the Bachillerato, following the procedure indicated for the registration of foreign students on the website of the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia.
- To apply for grants for postgraduate studies, students must have obtained an average mark of at least 8 points on a 10-point scale in the graduate or equivalent studies leading to the master’s degree according to the Ministry of Education’s table of equivalence of marks by country.
- Students whose mother tongue is not Spanish must accredit a B1 in Spanish according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Being pre-registered in a degree or an official master of the University of Leon. This pre-registration must be completed for degrees, through the website of the Junta de Castilla y León, and for master on the University of Leon webpage.
Specifically, the University of Leon grants 10 scholarships for graduate studies and another 10 for postgraduate degrees. Thus, the deadline to apply for the first ones is 20th July, while for the second ones this period is extended until 21st July.
All the information related to both calls, as well as the application forms, are published on the Talent Unileon programme page.