The General Council is the highest decision-making body in the Compostela Group of Universities (CGU), and it is composed of representatives of full members, with each member university having one vote.
Institutional and non-institutional associate members have the right to participate in the General Council as non-voting members.
Ordinary meetings of the General Council take place once a year during the General Assembly, which is hosted by different member institutions in turn.
General Council extraordinary sessions may be called by the President of the CGU whenever required.
Duties of the General Council
- Electing the President of the Compostela Group of Universities.
- Approving minutes, activities & financial reports for the previous year.
- Back the budget and the activity plan for the following year.
- Approving the establishment of working groups.
- Confirm the admission of new members.