Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
The initiatives of Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) are one of the means used by the Compostela Group of Universities to foster cooperation and the internationalisation of learning among its members. Through the participation in COILs or virtual exchanges, professors and students of our network:
- Live a multicultural experience in the classroom.
- Share knowledge with international students and professors.
- Get to know new learning and teaching techniques.
- Develop their language skills in other languages.
Thus, a virtual collaboration between students and teachers from different countries and cultures facilitates the development of competences and skills in multicultural environments.
2019 COIL CALL
In 2019, COIL call is structured in two annual calls:
- COIL spring 2020. Virtual exchanges will be conducted between January and May 2020.
- COIL fall 2020. Virtual exchanges will be conducted between August and December 2020.
Do you want to participate?
We recommend you to read carefully the documents and visit the links below.
Documents and links
- Guidelines CGU COIL 2019.
- Application form. This form must be compulsorily filled in online and in English.
- COIL spring 2020. Registration deadline is 10 September 2019.
- COIL fall 2020. Registration deadline is 11 February 2020.
What is telecollaboration? How can your university get started?
Presentation by Robert O’Dowd, Director of International Training at the University of Leon (Spain), during the XX CGU General Assembly.
At first, the Collaborative Online International Learning initiative was developed by a working group of the Compostela Group of Universities. Please visit the page of the working groups to find more information.